Are you a marketing professional looking for the next step in your career?
We’re delighted to be offering an exciting and varied role for the right individual to slot into our busy team and take ownership of the marketing activities of one of the U.K’s most successful mass participation event organisers. You’ll take the lead on recruitment activities, support charity partners and have the opportunity to develop our brands & charity fundraising products.
We are one of the U.K’s leading organisers of charity fundraising & corporate sporting events – raising over £140M for more than 3,000 UK charities over the past 28 years. We’re the unseen logistics partner behind some of the UK’s highest profile fundraising events including Shelter’s Vertical Rush & Urban Rush series, London’s largest Santa Run and the UK’s largest multi-charity London to Brighton Cycle Ride.
Scope of Role
The responsibilities you’ll have will include:
- Oversee marketing activity across entire business.
- Plan, implement and evaluate marketing campaigns that support the recruitment of key products such as the London to Brighton Cycle Ride, London Nightrider and their Skydiving portfolio.
- Brief, communicate with & manage marketing agencies to ensure the successful delivery of digital marketing activities
- Management of social media accounts & channels – including content generation
- Maintain communications plans and delivery schedules across the team ensuring deadlines are met
- Deliver Marketing Activities on behalf of key charity partners across the company’s portfolio
- Manage online presence, keeping websites up-to-date – inline with the latest SEO requirements, ensuring that they’re staying up with the latest trends and performing to the best of their abilities
- Manage the use of software that carries a marketing purpose, and take ownership of any developmental overhaul processes required
- Take the lead on insight generation, ensuring activity is effectively tracked, monitored and evaluated
- Email marketing
- Content generation & copywriting
- Budget management
- Reporting to managing directors and company board on topics such as marketing impact, recruitment forecasting and market research
- Be the guardian of the company’s brands and take ownership of their development
- Co-ordinate design and delivery of various printed & online materials
- Support on B2B activities such as managing event sponsor relationships
- Attend and support the on the day delivery of various key events
Training & Qualifications
- Educated to A-Level standard or equivalent
- Marketing degree/qualification or similar experience desirable, but not essential
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrable track record of developing and co-ordinating impactful and creative multi-channel campaigns to different audiences.
- Experience of managing suppliers, particularly marketing and media agencies.
- Experience of email marketing systems (e.g. Mailchimp, SendinBlue).
- Experience using CMS systems (e.g. WordPress) to update websites
- Experience creating content for social media, online and print
- Understanding of social media and publishing tools (e.g. Hootsuite, Buffer, Sprout Social)
- Budget management experience
- Proven ability of managing multiple projects within a busy fast-paced environment
- Experience of digital marketing including Facebook, PPC and knowledge of tools such as Google Analytics.
- Experience of working on Mass Participation sporting events and/or the charity sector
- Strong understanding of the charity & fundraising sectors
- B2B Marketing
- Excellent copywriter with experience of adapting messages for different audiences
- An effective communicator, able to build and maintain relationships with colleagues, agencies and partners
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills and ability to prioritise a diverse workload
- Good attention to detail
- IT Literate, confident using MS Office
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team as and where required
- Flexible & adaptable
- Good time management skills, with a high level of organisation & able to prioritise tasks
Location: Home Based
Role Type: Full Time, Permanent
Reports to: Marketing & Sales Director
Salary: £25,000 – £28,000 (dependant on experience)
Some weekend and evening work will be required – Time off in Lieu (TOIL) will be provided.
How to Apply
Please submit an up-to-date CV and cover letter – highlighting your interest and suitability for the role in reference to the person specification – by 15th August 2021 – by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role in any more detail, please feel free to get in touch on the above email address.
Deadline for applications – 15th August 2021.